Sunday 10 June 2007

Decisionless Decision Day

Yesterday was a very very important day. Looads of events took place, Federer lost the French open to Rafael Nadal, Asia thrashed Africa 3-0 ! and Mohammed Rafique had an amazing match with figures 4-65 ! Plus yesterday was kinda like the DECISION day...on whether i shud go to manipal or not. I hate to agree but my brother made some very valuable points which made me think all night... I am soo confused now.. I donno what to do ! There are soo many points to focus on...man i cudnt even sleep the night.. just kept on waking up on the thought of going to Manipal.. My mom is understandably sad because of my decision! Man.. manipal is very good agreed, education is good, Chix are hot , campus is also good but the thing that i fear the most is that I am a Bangladeshi ! how can i just go to India and study. Yes thats my real fear ! Yeah i know it sounds a bit weird, but thats the plain truth. I am just a bit too patriotic ! Everytime I think of studying in India, I have this afterthought that I may not be coming back to Bangladesh, I may not be able to support bangladesh in cricket matches with all my heart, I may not be jumping with joy for all the little achievements that bangladesh achieves. ...But then again i can come to bd back after 3 years... but i just dont know .... everything seems to be hacing a fault now.. nothing straight.. if i stay here in bdesh... everything will be fine..ill get good food.. mom will take care of me.. ill live .. arraam se...but.. i wont be able to study mass comm here then... will have to study english ! arghh... lol man i talked to loads of people for advice... but i guess the best advice that i got was from Sunny Bhai... He told me that .. " In life u have to take some decisions on your own, thats what makes u a man"... thanx bro ....Man i just hope that.. i still am mentally able to come back to bangladesh ...I just hope everything goes well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww naim... whatever decision u make, it'll be for the best.after all, its yours!

and about being a Bangladeshi studying in India, well whats wrong with that? u've studied in an indian school most of ur life,u get along great with all of us, and ur still as patriotic as ever. everyone u know loves you (hate to admit it) and i'm sure they'll welcome u with open arms. but being with ur mom...thats another big thing,i guess. its upto you..

anyways yaar, all the best! just wanted to say that.

Elita Karim said...

well.. elin, i hate to say that its up to u to decide... no matter where u end up u will have to struggle and have fun... and be practical... there r so many who go abroad to study... nothing wrong with going to india either...